2012 BEST PAPER AWARDS
Best Research Award
Dr. Jony Haryanto
Satya Wacana Christian University
Best Student Research Award
ISM, International School of Management
CONFERENCE TO BE HELD IN
Global Science and Technology Forum
The primary objective of a business strategy is to enable an organization to provide superior value to its customers, differentiate itself from the competition, and develop the core competencies necessary for doing so. Developing a successful business strategy for an organization involves the formulation of an effective competitive strategy as an integral component of its strategic planning process. The business strategy for an organization must be aimed at clearly differentiating its offerings from those of its competitors with a view to gain an advantage that is sustainable in the market. It is imperative for the organization to assess its strengths and weaknesses in order to exploit opportunities and establish a strong competitive position in the market. The strategic planning process guides the successful implementation of the business strategy and is instrumental in helping the organization gain a sustainable competitive advantage and create value for all its stakeholders.
There are a variety of perspectives, models and approaches that inform our understanding of the formulation and implementation of a business strategy. The development of a strategic plan in an organization is influenced by a range of factors such as the leadership of the organization, its culture, the complexity of its environment, its size, its portfolio of resources, the organizational systems that guide decision making, the expertise of its planners, among others.
The Annual International Conference on Business Strategy and Organizational Behavior (BizStrategy) provides an opportunity for academicians, researchers, experienced professionals and business practitioners from across the world to share the findings of their latest research on these topics with the community.
Keynote Address "Setting Strategy for Corporate Transformation: Case Studies from Eight Chinese Companies" will be delivered by:
||Prof. Ian Alexander Eddie
DBA Program, Southern Cross Business School, Southern Cross University
Professor of Accounting, Southern Cross University, Australia
• The Conference Proceedings (Print ISSN: 2251-1970, E-Periodical ISSN: 2251-1989) will be indexed by EBSCO, CrossRef, Proquest, Ulrichsweb, PsycEXTRA and will be submitted to Scopus, ScienceDirect
and Cabell's Directories amongst others,
• Best Paper Awards and Best Student Paper Awards will be conferred at the conference (in order to qualify for the award, the paper must be presented at the conference).
• Journal: Depending on their importance, originality, quality, relevance and other editorial considerations, eligible research articles will be invited for publication in the GSTF Journal on Business Review (GBR) (Print ISSN: 2010-4804, E-periodical: 2251-2888) which is indexed by EconBiz, EBSCO, CrossRef, Proquest and Cabell's Directories.
• Book: Selected authors will be invited to contribute book chapters in "Business Review: Advanced Applications" to be published by GSTF.
The book will be edited by Prof. Farid Shirazi, Assistant Professor & ITM Learning Edge Faculty Advisor, Ted Rogers School of Information Technology Management Ryerson University, Toronto, Canada.
• BizStrategy 2013 will also constitute a Special Panel Session.
• Panel Proposals are invited for submission to the BizStrategy 2013. A minimum of three papers centering on a specific topic will be accepted for submission under Panel Category.
GSTF PARTNER UNIVERSITIES